Translate

Friday 8 May 2009

Trip to Australia

I reserved my ticket to Australia through the internet. I just had the money for the trip and as the hotels in the area were full, I had to reserve accommodation further north. When I arrived there, I went to a shop by the sea to buy tobacco and water, and realized everything was far more expensive than I imagined. I saw many people that were moving alongside the coast like if the roads didn't exist. I caught a boat that was taking to a middle place before reaching my hotel. There was a residential area near by. Kids were playing and a couple, a Hispanic man and an Australian woman were taking care of them. It seemed they were celebrating a birthday. I asked tha man about the best way to reach the place for my hotel. He started laughing, and said it was very far away, and that it would take me days to reach there. I felt scared because I had my flight back in 5 days, and I was very short on money to do another reservation. I realized if I was reaching my destination, I was not going to have time to come back and take the return flight. The man advised me to stay in that place, but as I didn't have money to pay a hotel, I thought I might be able to sleep in the beach, but I didn't have a backpack, sleeping bag, food or water, just the suitcase full of useless things for those moments.
I caught a boat that was heading north. I saw other boats full of people having fun. I thought that the situation was out of my hands. I stared at the sea. I thought that getting back to were i landed it was actually the beginning of another trip, as I had to sort my accommodation anyway. And I didn't have money, friends, or family to help me. I was sitting in the small boat heading to the unknown, and staring at the sea, I emptied my mind of worries and fears. I just enjoyed the smooth swaying of the boat, and the waves splashing on it. I just relaxed...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for passing by and leave a comment.