Translate

Monday 18 May 2009

Now Right Now


The best Weather is in Miami... You see??? If you click in the image you'll see the webcam pic of the moment, but not this moment, your moment... And I checked Bora Bora, and Seychelles and Barbados... in this site ... Uhmm it seems is a bit shity all over the Earth... except in Miami...
And by the way, talking about Miami, the other day I met a man from there, called Brad, who came to see the exhibition of Van Dyck at Tate Britain, which is already over. He was very chatty and friendly and is always great to hear that accent from time to time. I love the way they say 'exactly', 'there's tons of...', 'phenomena', 'consciousness', 'random', 'fantastic', 'awesome' (which I don't hear it much here, unless talking to Australian friends), ... etc. etc. etc.
He asked me if Charles I was the one to be beheaded or Charles II... Oooops! 'Charles I was captured in 1647. He escaped and was recaptured in 1648. Despite his son's diplomatic efforts to save him, Charles I was beheaded in 1649, and England became a republic.' (Wikipedia) ... A woman, later on that day, told me that he wore a few layers of clothes to not to show he was shivering before being beheaded...And when Charles II came back, he had no more political power which was controlled by the Parliament from that time. The end of political power for the monarchy... and it remains like that nowadays. And now, we pay loads of taxes for the floor we walk, for the place the house is, for the air we breath, so they can have mansions, and yatchs and holidays, and everything!!
Anyway most of the people portrayed in that room died in violent circumstances... And you see them so posh attitude and that, and probably the rest of the time since the paintings were done was quite crap, as comes with a war and rebellions and violence...

Well, I prefer to think I'm in the beach of Boca Raton, in Miami...
--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for passing by and leave a comment.