Translate

Thursday 25 June 2009

Finding Angels in London


How many times had happened the chances to say something that soon after it comes back in a particular way...

I was talking to a work colleague about life, and the cuts on shifts and the strong individualism needed nowadays in the city to keep maintaining the routine going... I said metaphorically I was needing an angel half joke half serious... but more focused on the fact of a dead tight routine not willing to keep as it seems boring... equals 'bring me some action!' or at the least interesting stuff... as some sort of adventure in the cage of routine...

So there I was the next day to an important appointment 1h earlier without me realizing it at those moments... I scanned my oyster card on the reader and started to walk down the escalators of the tube station... Waiting in the platform for an average of 2 minutes...

Tube arrives. I stepped in, and I saw a couple of seats available. One was free, but in between 2 random people. The other was free but with the bag of a person. Normally, I would have gone straight away for the free one, but for some unknown, subjective reason, I wanted to seat in the one occupied by the bag... A few seconds of non sense. The man makes the gesture of removing the bag for letting me sit there... And my reason and logic sense comes in, 'WTF? Stop being fool, Sit on the free one! Don't bother people with that!' ...

So I smiled the man, and made a gesture that meant 'Don't worry, I'll take the free seat', which he, obviously, understood perfectly, and smiled me back.

So I sit and looked at the ads on the top of the tube, as there was no LondonPaper available neither anything good to read. 'God damn! I couldn't find anything interesting to read... I read all the books I have at home...' I looked at the man's bag which was a reusable plastic bag full of documents and folders... He was also looking at the top of the ads from the opposite position...

Our sights met a couple of times, and we smiled each other again.

At some point, he took a few folded papers from the bag and looked at them proudly, picked up one of them and folded it carefully, then made eye contact with me and with a smile he handed it to me. I grabbed the paper, unfolded it and read:

'Make Capitalism history... WHERE ANGELS FEAR TO DREAM' At the back of the paper was a mini review, which sounded interesting and said: read it online at www.wilfsangels.co.uk

I have ordered a copy, but actually you can read it online!!! And they are poems!!

Wao..

I love London.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for passing by and leave a comment.