Translate

Wednesday 10 June 2009

Hello & Goodbye at The Breakfast Club


Today I had a 'brunch' at The Breakfast Club near Hoxton Square with a friend I haven't seen in 6 months, and before that, I haven't seen him in about 8 years. More friends to say goodbye, he was going to Berlin, and then to south east Asia. You get quite used to do it here in London. Just 2 weeks ago I said goodbye to another friend who went back home for good. I imagine her in the beach flirting with hot guys in the paradise island.

It's not a sad thing any more, well maybe the first day it's kind of melancholic, then life goes on.

I had the biggest poached egg on toast I've ever imagined I could have, with rocket salad and a sauce made of sun dried tomatoes, and the best thing of the place, it was served by a gorgeous guy, an Adonis, who will be probably gay. Nowadays, straight Adonis are endangered species. I asked him not to put butter in my toasts, which he probably said to the chef, but forgot it... Is not because of getting fat, I may be one out of 1000 people who doesn't like the butter's flavour at all.

We talk about many things my friend and I.
- About the credit crunch
- About one of our friends just had a baby 3 weeks ago, and is very happy
- About we've never dreamed of having a wedding day... he said he had nightmares about it
- About cleaning and old basement full of useless stuff, referring to an old friendship I had with a common friend, and my complaints about why I have to be the one to make the approach all the time, bollocks.
- About that I may prefer not to open the basement at all and leave it as it was left, because I don't feel to have the energy to clean it.
- About relationships, how energy consuming is patronizing...
- About work, work, work...
- About how huge was the breakfast portion... like in USA I'd say... I'm still digesting it
- About the fact that not knowing what to do with one's life may be the right feeling after all...
- About how stocked is Spanish's mentality, how square... and how much we love to be here or travelling with like minded people...

We left a little tip. GREAT place. I'll come back.

We said goodbye, and walked in different directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for passing by and leave a comment.